METAL SLUG X: SUPER VEHICLE 001
PC Windows, Sony PlayStation 1, MAME Arcade, Android
Metal Slug X is a modified version of Metal Slug 2 released in 1999 for the Neo-Geo console/arcade platform by SNK. It was created to fix the original's constant slowdown. The game introduces some extra features like new weapons, rearranged enemy replacement and greater difficulty
It was later ported to the Neo Geo AES (May 1999) and the PlayStation (January 2001). The Steam port of the game was released in 2nd of October 2014.
New Features and Changes:
• The Dog Mummy makes its first appearance here as well as a few variations of the Mummy that would later appear in Metal Slug 3.
• The SV-001 got an upgraded version that is faster and can jump higher called SV-001 Type-R, and the SV-Camel's Vulcan was slightly modified.
• Metal Slug X also features some new weapons and a new grenade type that would become a staple in later games:
- The Enemy Chaser sends rockets that track down enemies at random;
- The Iron Lizard fires a remotely controlled missile car that travels on ground and explodes at contact;
- The Drop Shot fires anti-personnel landmines that bounce on the ground until it hits an enemy;
- The Super Grenade fire a large high explosive shell that travels straight forward and causes a massive explosion on impact;
- Stone is basically a thrown rock, which is thrown much farther compared to other grenade types.
- Some classic weapons from previous also got more powerful versions of themselves with greater firepower, indicated by the pulsing letter of their pickup icon.
• Some stages were altered in various ways, such as the time of the day (Mission 1 starts at dawn instead of day, for example), enemy, boss and item placement.
• Slowdowns that plagued the previous version were minimized greatly thanks to the new placement, and various bugs were fixed in this version.
• Rearranged item placement also enables the fat transformation to appear early in Mission 3 instead of exclusive on Mission 4.
• Music and sound effects were remixed and improved for this game.
• The announcer from Metal Slug and Metal Slug 2 were replaced with a new voiceover, which adds more sounds bytes regarding the new weapons. This voiceover would endure until Metal Slug Advance.
PC Windows Files:Download Steam (Buy)
Download GoG (Buy)
Download (GogUnlocked.com)Sony PlayStation 1 Roms:Download USA ver. (CdRomance.com)
Download (CoolRom.com)Android Apk Files:Download v.1.4 + OBB (MegaCloud).apk
Download GooglePlay (Buy)MAME Arcade Roms:Download (MegaCloud) Tested!!!